Red Dot Reminder Check-In System – Like a red stoplight or a hand signal at a crosswalk, these highlight boxes offer reminders of recovery skills, tools, and strategies.
When you see a Red Dot Reminder, it’s a cue for you to stop and focus on your recovery by:
- Remembering to breathe and relax.
- Observing yourself and your situation.
- Reminding yourself what’s most important to your recovery.
- Remind yourself that doing this check-in is helpful.
The Red Dot Reminders help you stay aware that there are forces within yourself that may undermine your recovery. Your own instincts, emotions and past behavioral patterns can thwart your desire for recovery. You have compelling reasons you seek recovery – the Red Dot Reminders help you remain aware of those reasons even when your past behavioral patterns try and reemerge.
Red Dot Reminder highlight boxes serve to keep you on track and remind you why you want a healthy recovering lifestyle. Examples are:
- I need to feel proud of myself, to see a look of pride in my (family’s) face!
- I want to live a spiritual driven life!
- I want to be a good parent and a role model!
- I want the best life I can have!
- I want to live happy, joyous and free!
- I never want to experience the negative consequences of addiction!
- I’m sick and tired of being sick and tired!
Each time you check in with yourself, it’s a chance to consciously refocus. In time, the new behavior will sink into your unconscious mind and will become the new you!